OT - VW related - Cabriolet ?'s

>1.  Car is quite loud (wind noise in front) at speeds over 40mph.  Is this
>normal because of the soft top? Or do i need to adjust the top at the front
>edge...

Adjust the top according to Bentley. Make sure the seal int he front top
edge is good.

>2.  There is a loud mechanical noise coming from behind the instrument
>cluster, especially when the car is cold.  I'm pretty sure it is the
>speedometer cable.  The odometer is working fine, so is there a way to lube
>the cable to shut it up, or would it be better ot replace the whole cable.

It ccan be lubed but in order to do it properly you should remove the entire
cable. A spray graphite lube works well. OTOH it might be just as easy for
18$ for a new cable to just put a new one in.

>3. This is just a curiousity question.  There are 2 fuel lines  (In
>adddition to the normal 5) that run to the front of the block just above
>the oil cooler, What the heck are they for?

These lines go to the fuel pressure regulator which controls fuel pressure
during warm up.

>Thats all for now. TIA and sorry the Off topicness.

I would have to say that this isnt so OT. After all you are basically
talking about a Scirocco FI system. :)

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA