OT - VW related - Cabriolet ?'s

YOu may want to adjust the top clips, but be careful to get the flat part of the nut facing front or the top may become stuck up.  you'll also be unable to unlatch or latch it if you've tightened the clip too much. you may also want to replace the rubber on top of the windshield header,as that can wear from the top moving back and forth.also, if it is the original top (and it looks like it is,) check and see if the stitching on the top at tge front is ok, otherwise air can creep in (especially if the top is at all dry rotted) and at highway speeds can cause fatal repercussions.  I've had this happen, and my top literally EXPLODED off of my car, leaving the back window fall in and my padding exposed, making my car look like a Chia Pet.  The rubberized horsehair padding is green.  Good luck!!!!

Patrick Boyle
'87 Scirocco 16v
'87 Cabriolet
'84 Rabbit GTI