scirocco heater controls

Hey Ian...I *just* went through this on my 83 Mk2...same setup.  And as my previous emails to the list have stated: Hands down the mk2 heater controls are the biggest piece of crap VW ever produced.  Most likely the pivot or some other piece of the levers has broken.  Your just gonna have to tear the sucker apart and see whats up...and head to the junkyard and snag some replacements (new those controls are over 200 bucks).  Jettas and Golfs should have the same control...I also have one that I should be able to fix if you need it.

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg
87 Suzuki Samurai JX Hardtop (Soon to be VW Turbo Diesel Powered)