16v has more power when motor is cold?

*snip*

> However, I don't know about you guys, but I sure as hell don't hot rod my
> 16v if it hasn't gotten up to its normal operating temperature.

I wasn't "hot rodding" it..

That's the thing -- it was so weird because I was just trying to "drive
normal" (ie. obey speed limits, not spin tires, etc) and the car just took
off with very little throttle..

After things warmed up it returned to normal.

> Cold Dry Winter Nights, about 17 degrees outside, Let the Rocco warm up a
> bit, drive it a couple of miles, and Have some fun!

Sounds like your definition of cold is a lot colder than mine! It was 50 -
60 F out when this happened..

-Toby