two questions re: clicking noise in front end and suspension question

>First of all I have a clicking noise that gets faster with acceleration.
But it can't be a cv joint >because the noise stops when I press the brakes.
WTF?

I had the same thing a couple of months back. It turned out to be the splash
shield banging on the hub. Bending it slightly fixed the problem. It was the
opposite side to where it sounded like it was coming from, so check both
sides.

I'd asked the list for help and I meant to post the solution, but I didn't
get around to it... sorry about that.

Stuart