two questions re: clicking noise in front end and suspensionquestion

------------=_1037942374-22205-0

I was actually at my local speed shop the other day and if I remember correctly, the Spax springs that were available for my '88 16v dropped the car 2" compared to most other sport springs' 1.25-1.5". It's not a huge difference but maybe it has a little something to do with the rubbing problem.

Dan

First of all I have a clicking noise that gets faster with acceleration.  But it can't be a cv joint because the noise stops when I press the brakes.  WTF?

Secondly, I bought this Rabbit GTI a couple of months back.  It has 16's on it and there is major tire rub at high speeds going thru dips and hard bumps.  It has spax lowering springs.  It sits lower in the rear than in the front and I can't even put anyone in the back seat literally because if I do put 2 peeps in the back the wheel wells actually sit on the tires!!!!  Whts the problems ? Springs? Shocks?  Lowered it too much?

Thanks for any info\
Ryan

Sign up for FREE email yourname@veedub.com
from http://www.veedub.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag

------------=_1037942374-22205-0

First of all I have a clicking noise that gets faster with acceleration. =
 But it can't be a cv joint because the noise stops when I press the =
brakes.  WTF?

Secondly, I bought this Rabbit GTI a couple of months back.  It has 16's =
on it and there is major tire rub at high speeds going thru dips and =
hard bumps.  It has spax lowering springs.  It sits lower in the rear =
than in the front and I can't even put anyone in the back seat literally =
because if I do put 2 peeps in the back the wheel wells actually sit on =
the tires!!!!  Whts the problems ? Springs? Shocks?  Lowered it too =
much?

Thanks for any info\
Ryan

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C291A3.061C2600

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>First of all I have a clicking noise =
that gets=20
faster with acceleration.&nbsp; But it can't be a cv joint because the =
noise=20
stops when I press the brakes.&nbsp; WTF?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Secondly, I bought this Rabbit GTI a =
couple of=20
months back.&nbsp; It has 16's on it and there is major tire rub at high =
speeds=20
going thru dips and hard bumps.&nbsp; It has spax lowering =
springs.&nbsp; It=20
sits lower in the rear than in the front and I can't even put anyone in =
the back=20
seat literally because if I do put 2 peeps in the back the wheel wells =
actually=20
sit on the tires!!!!&nbsp; Whts the problems ? Springs? Shocks?&nbsp; =
Lowered it=20
too much?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for any info\</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ryan</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C291A3.061C2600--