[OT]Stupid XP question-

------------=_1037942587-21580-0

The registration key. XP (at least Pro, I assume the same is for Home) knows how many times the key has been used and will only let you use it once. If you do manage to get by that, you have to activate XP online, which send your reg. key to their database and checks it, making it so your copy won't be activated. This means after 30 or 45 days, you're OS is pretty much useless. I haven't used NT, but no other Windows OS does this. Unless you want to buy another copy or find some way around it (cracks can be found I believe) I can probably put win2k pro up on an ftp for you.

Dan

Alright, I have one copy of windows XP and two computers under the same roof.  I know you're supposed to have one XP copy per computer, what is to prevent me from installing it on both?

Thanks,

Rob

Sign up for FREE email yourname@veedub.com
from http://www.veedub.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag

------------=_1037942587-21580-0

Alright, I have one copy of windows XP and two computers under the same roof.  I know you're supposed to have one XP copy per computer, what is to prevent me from installing it on both?

Thanks,

Rob

--0-1294042832-1037941923=:66260

<P>Alright, I have one copy of windows XP and two computers under the same roof.&nbsp; I know you're supposed to have one XP&nbsp;copy per computer, what is to prevent me from installing it on both?</P>
<P>Thanks,</P>
--0-1294042832-1037941923=:66260--