two questions re: clicking noise in front end and suspension question

--0-1805033085-1037952908=:42418

Perhaps your clicking has something to do with your brakes, a warped rotor or missing anti-rattle clips.  Applying the brakes, even just a little, would tighten everything up and make the noise stop temporarily.  Make sure your lugs are tight too!!  It may also be that your CV shafts are misaligned, yet align when the brakes are applied since the tranny moves(?)But don't bad CV shafts only click when turning?  I suppose once they get REALLY bad they may click all the time.  HTH-
Rob
 Ryan Ruggles <ryanruggles@uniserve.com> wrote:First of all I have a clicking noise that gets faster with acceleration.  But it can't be a cv joint because the noise stops when I press the brakes.  WTF? Secondly, I bought this Rabbit GTI a couple of months back.  It has 16's on it and there is major tire rub at high speeds going thru dips and hard bumps.  It has spax lowering springs.  It sits lower in the rear than in the front and I can't even put anyone in the back seat literally because if I do put 2 peeps in the back the wheel wells actually sit on the tires!!!!  Whts the problems ? Springs? Shocks?  Lowered it too much? Thanks for any info\Ryan

--0-1805033085-1037952908=:42418

<P>Perhaps your clicking has something to do with your brakes, a warped rotor or missing anti-rattle clips.&nbsp; Applying the brakes, even just a little, would&nbsp;tighten&nbsp;everything up and make the&nbsp;noise stop temporarily.&nbsp; Make sure your lugs are tight too!! &nbsp;It may also be that your CV shafts are misaligned, yet align when the brakes are applied since the tranny moves(?)But don't bad CV shafts only click when turning?&nbsp; I suppose&nbsp;once they get REALLY bad they may click all the time.&nbsp; HTH-
<P>Rob
<P>&nbsp;<B><I>Ryan Ruggles &lt;ryanruggles@uniserve.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>First of all I have a clicking noise that gets faster with acceleration.&nbsp; But it can't be a cv joint because the noise stops when I press the brakes.&nbsp; WTF?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Secondly, I bought this Rabbit GTI a couple of months back.&nbsp; It has 16's on it and there is major tire rub at high speeds going thru dips and hard bumps.&nbsp; It has spax lowering springs.&nbsp; It sits lower in the rear than in the front and I can't even put anyone in the back seat literally because if I do put 2 peeps in the back the wheel wells actually sit on the tires!!!!&nbsp; Whts the problems ? Springs? Shocks?&nbsp; Lowered it too much?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks for any info\</FONT></DIV>
--0-1805033085-1037952908=:42418--