broken bearing from tranny

--0-707313623-1037921541=:19798

still workin on the agb tranny.  pulled off the driver's side flange (that the inner cv connects to) so i could replace the oil seal.  when i looked inside the transmission i found 3 small pieces of brass laying in the bottom.  these pieces fit together nicely to form what i believe to be a bearing.  the piece seems to slide onto the shaft and into a nice little area next to the differential.  my question is what is this piece called and what is the part number for it, so that i might replace it while i have the thing apart.

here's what it looks like and an idea of size (because my hand is in the picture):

http://www.geocities.com/three_oaks_kennel/Tony/brokenbearing.jpg

tia,

-tony

1987 2 or 3 tone 16v scirocco