Is this being sold by a lister?

--- Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Daniel Smith <sad_rocc@veedub.com> wrote:
>  Noticed he said they came of an '82 rocc, was wondering if it was a
> > lister. As in last message, I'm looking for something that's a little
> > lower and a little stiffer than stock and the best I can do is
> > probably about $100-150 total. Suggestions? Ebay links?
>

> Got little time, so...
>
> 1. Shocks won't lower your car.  Springs will.
> 2. Find out whether these are HD's or Sports.  Either give more
> dampening than stock, the sprots moreso.
>
> Ron

 Well, Ron meant to say *damping* not dampening.  ;)

This is hard to do, but it is very important to match a spring to
a shock.  If matched perfectly, you will end up with
the best ride quality because the shock will critically dampen the spring
in the shortest possible time.
Sorry, I'm here at school working and am just in that mindset right now...

The best example I know of this is looking at my H&R coilover system.
H&R will match the shock to the spring rates... even with 250# springs
on my rocco the ride quality is the best I know.  Simply amazing.

just my $.02

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v