Is this being sold by a lister?

--- Benjamin Harder <vwtype53@yahoo.com> wrote:

>--- Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> --- Daniel Smith <sad_rocc@veedub.com> wrote:
>>  Noticed he said they came of an '82 rocc, was wondering if it was a
>> > lister. As in last message, I'm looking for something that's a little
>> > lower and a little stiffer than stock and the best I can do is
>> > probably about $100-150 total. Suggestions? Ebay links?
>>

>> Got little time, so...
>>
>> 1. Shocks won't lower your car.  Springs will.
>> 2. Find out whether these are HD's or Sports.  Either give more
>> dampening than stock, the sprots moreso.
>>
>> Ron
>

> Well, Ron meant to say *damping* not dampening.  ;)
>
>This is hard to do, but it is very important to match a spring to
>a shock.  If matched perfectly, you will end up with
>the best ride quality because the shock will critically dampen the spring
>in the shortest possible time.
>Sorry, I'm here at school working and am just in that mindset right now...
>
>The best example I know of this is looking at my H&R coilover system.
>H&R will match the shock to the spring rates... even with 250# springs
>on my rocco the ride quality is the best I know.  Simply amazing.
>
>just my $.02
>

>=====
>Benjamin Harder
>86 Scirocco 16v
>80 Scirocco 16v
>93 Passat GLX

So, since I'm not getting coilovers in this lifetime, would a set of the gabriels that were mentioned earlier with some sport springs be a good idea or bad idea? I don't know if I had a brain fart and forgot the link or my post was snipped, but here was what I was looking at. <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872829047&rd=1";>bilstein rear shocks</a> I haven't gotten the chance to look up the part # yet so I can't say if they're sport or hd or whatever.

Dan

Sign up for FREE email yourname@veedub.com
from http://www.veedub.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag