Back on the List - what my 'rocco has been up to

Greetings rocc'ers.

Been off the list / incommunicado for a while...

My Scirocco hasn't been running since March.  Lots of
time spent waiting for parts...

Here is the rundown on what has happened in the
interim

May - replaced master cylinder (original reason for
taking scirocco offline).  Added Euro-Headlights and
Euro Bumpers
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/cars/Scirocco/Roccopix/eurocorner.JPG

May / June - replaced all rubber fuel lines, all
coolant hoses.  Replaced and lubed sunroof mechanisms
and seals (never did get it aligned right)

June / July - added G-Grind Camshaft, replaced leaky
cylinder head gasket.  Blew new gasket out (incorrect
torque).  Pulled head, cousin in Ohio did a very
thorough valve job, cleaned it, shipped it back in
October.  Sent free new gasket kit with it (helps to
have friends in the industry).

October - reinstalled cylinder head, reconnected
everything, broke plastic flange on oil pump.

November - got new plastic flange, re-reconnected
everything, charged up battery, pressurized fuel
system, found out that I had severed the internals of
the braided CSV fuel line at some point.  Took a
shower and went down-town for breakfast.

Now - waiting on new line.  Should be here Fri.  Just
got rear-ended in my vanagon last week, so will have
some insurance money to get the body work done to my
v'gon as soon as the rocco is alive again.

Anyways - Thanks for reading.  Will update you with
much rejoicing as soon as it is alive again.  I like
my Vanagon, but driving the scirocco is sooooo much
more enjoyable... at least from what I can remember ;)

Later
Mark
84 Scirocco
87 Westy