questions

I have a few questions about sciroccos before i decide to buy...the one im
looking at is a 1987 8 valve...it has been sitting for about 10 years and
has approxamatly 180,000 miles on it...i brought it to my local garage and
they said it needed a battery, alternator, front brakes
and tires to make it pass inspection...is this car worth the money and
effort to get it going (i can buy the car for about 100 bucks) or should i
save my money and find one that needs less work...any words of advice would
be appreciated....

nate