HVAC blower fan...

Okay now that someone else had a problem with their blower motor, you
jinxed me...thanx!!! ;)
Anyway, mine is a little bit different.  My swicth is working fine and all
speeds work, when the blower works.  It just cut out the other day after I
went over a small bump.  Looked under the rain tray today to see the
plastic mounting tab (where the screw holds the blower motor down) in
pieces...when I rock the motor a little bit towards the rear of the car it
will cut in, then rock forward it will cut out.  Now all the wires are
secure when I rock it but don't really understand why it is cutting out.  I
tried just rocking the resistor but it does nothing, anyone else ran into
this???  If so give me a hollar.  For now I am just going to secure the fan
in the working position and hope it doesn't stop but I would like to
understand what is going on so I can maybe fix it the real way.  Also my
hot air coming out stinks like ass (more of a bad fishy smell) after the
car warms up...bad or clogged heater core, yes? no?  I want to make sure
before I go cut the thing open.

Jody Bailey
82 Scirocco 2L 8v