help: inner cv trouble

--0-493292016-1037317150=:85478

what do you do when the large metal part of the inner cv joint is stuck in flange? i beat the hell out of it with a rubber hammer, i tried prying it out with a big screwdriver.  but all to no avail.  here are some pics of whats going on:

http://www.geocities.com/three_oaks_kennel/Tony/innercvprob1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/three_oaks_kennel/Tony/innercvprob2.jpg

i am cleaning and resealing an agb tranny to put on my 16v and i just got a digital camera so i will be taking pics and putting them together in a page when im done.

tia,

-tony

1987 2 or 3 tone 16v scirocco