help: inner cv trouble

Oh, wait..you already ripped the joint apart! I was picturing the same
pieces stuck together but still in the car..

In your case what might be worth trying is getting a set of chain vice
grips (they're like an oil filter wrench where you tighten up the strap to
hold the oil filter by friction) and locking them around the large part of
the joint, then hitting them with a hammer to spin the joint inside the
flange and break it free. Yeah, the flange will spin but you might be able
to break the joint free just from the impact, or find some way to hold the
transmission from turning.

-Toby