radiator flushing

I was trying to drain/flush my radiator yesterday and ran into a few snags. First, the diagram in the Bently for the hose I'm supposed to disconnect didn't resemble anything in my car ('88 16v). I'm thinking I have to pull the hose that runs from the bottom of the radiator on the passenger side to somewhere else. It's about 1.5" or so in dia. If that's the case, any suggestions on how to get a really rusted hose clamp off? This is beyond pb blaster type stuff. I was thinking dremel grinder, but that close to a rubber hose could be tricky. Also, I bought a flush kit thing at Autozone made my Prestone. It's supposed to connect at the heater inlet hose. I'm not really sure where I should be looking for this. Very graphic description or a photo on a website with an arrow would be appreciated.

On a diff. subject, does the high milage fluids do anything or is it just a gimmick? I put in castrol gtx higher milage oil and I have higher milage antifreeze (mainly because they were the same price as the regular stuff). Granted, it can't hurt, but does it help? I have the typical oil seepage and slight burning, nothing serious.

Thanks,
Dan, the rocc gearhead in training