gas pedal bushing

--=======404A454F=======

At 04:29 PM 11/14/02 -0500, NarcolepticFlea@aol.com wrote:

>I've seen this mentioned a few times and have a few questions. I haven't
>broken out the Bently yet but where exactly is this bushing, why replace
>it and how hard is it to replace?
>
>Dan

It's at the top of the gas pedal.  You would replace if yours is coming
apart.  The bushing is where the throttle cable connects to the gas pedal-
so now you can see why it's important.  Many years ago(12) when I first
experienced this bushing it was the foam one on my rabbit and the throttle
cable's hooked end had cut into the old foam bushing and as a result I had
an interesting throttle sticking experience.  Nothing like that to scare
the hell out of you.

John