Electrical probs

Make sure you're using good, quality car audio wiring for the amp. I reccommend Monster wiring and gold crimp tabs for batter connection. What watt is your amp? Do you have it connected to subs or just to the car speakers? Have you had your battery checked recently? It sounds like your battery can't provide the juice needed, or perhaps your alt. isn't making enough power to support everything. Make sure you're wiring for the deck is correct, I know mine was a bit screwy compared to most cars and I ended up having to hardwire it in. The amp is properly wired to the deck as well correct? Depending on where you are, see if you can find a tweeters store, they're amazing for help and exceptionally knowledgable.

Dan

From: Shayrock@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 20:43:10 EST
Subject: Electrical probs
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org

      OK heres the deal I have an aftermarket stereo hooked up with the
factory harness as well as an amp wired directly to the battery.
      My problem is that my oil temp gauge is maxed out and sometimes even
bounces to the beat.
      My next symptom is while driving and listening to to the stereo it
sometimes shuts off spuratically, but more often then not this seems to be
triggered by either turning on the headlights turning on the highbeams and
sometimes wipers.
      Another funky thing, is that I think that I often hear my fuel pump
running (loudly), but when I pull the the e-brake and the dash light comes on
the sound dissapears.
        I think it's possesed.

      If you have any guesses give me a holla
      Shamus