Speaker opinions...

Okay, here's a quick run down of my current components...

Blaupunkt Honolulu CD50 h/u (40W max x4)
2 Pioneer TS-A4667 front 4x6's in doors (45W max IIRC)
1 Kenwood 10" KFC W2505 (older model though) mounted in a=
 composite tube (~600W max)
1 Kenwood KAC 829 amp (600W max)

I'm looking to get something for the rear as the rear speakers=
 from the 85' were junk, and the ones that came with the 87' are=
 probably junk as well. I DO care about sound quality, but I'm on=
 a budget. I don't mind replacing the front speakers sometime=
 soon, but they sound good and can stay for a while. The h/u I've=
 not had any problems with, unlike what I was warned about before=
 getting it.

I could use some advice on setting up my sub and amp as I was=
 using the amp's low-pass filter and that sucks. I can't really=
 afford a good crossover, and I remember that you can install=
 inline capacitors (IIRC) to cut high freq's, but I don't know=
 anything about the specs of cap. as they relate to where the cut=
 would be, etc...

So, back to recommendations and such. Thanks!
Joshua

BTW, you won't get any bass from a 4x6, much less a free air (not=
 chambered)
4x6, also you wouldn't want to hear anything near to 40w=
 emminating from a
headunit amplifier, that rating is probably given at 14.4v and=
 0.1%THD max
peak power, realistically you'll get ~12w clean from a head=
 unit.

I used to drive and build thumpin boomin systems, back in the=
 day, ha! If
you'relike me, now all I want is a nice full sound, clean/stealth=
 install
and reliability. I don't know what you're running for a head=
 unit, but a
modest system would include a 5channel amplifier (if your HU has=
 subout) or
four without, a subwoofer and the four stock 4x6's with quality=
 components.
For stealth I'd suggest two 8" subs mounted behind the rear wheel=
 wells, or
on 10" in the spare tire well (will have to put spare behind=
 driver's seat),
also the easier of the two options.

Though my experience with stereo brands is a little dated, Boston=
 Acoustics,
Polk, MBQuart, ADS, Infinity are all high end stuff, Pioneer,=
 some kenwood,
MTS?, etc. are middle of road , stay away from sony (speakers) If=
 you keep
your amp channels ~30w then some middle road stuff should work=
 okay, (thats
what I'm planning for my Bimmer), but I wouldn't skimp on the=
 amp, I like
the Alpine MRV-F450 for my install.

Well I've babbled too much, got to get back to work...

If ya want/need more advise LMK.

Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever! ;)
84 rocco 16v