snow tires

I'm moving to Steamboat Springs, CO. Yes, no salt will be nice, though I think it's a little late to make much difference with my car. Plus, gravel being flung at my car doesn't sound that great. It has a lot of hood dents already, but it doesn't need any more. I'm an avid snowboarder and being right near Steamboat Resort, I plan on going there as much as possible (as soon as I get hired by them so I get a free pass). Right now I'm leaning toward Firestone Winterfires, they do have a stud version, though I'm not sure which to go with. I'm kind of leaning away from Blizzaks at the moment simply because they have a two layer compound and by the time I drive cross country with them, I doubt there will be much left of the first compound. I could be way off though.

Dan