From: <NarcolepticFlea@aol.com>
To: <scirocco81@vwmail.net>; <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: snow tires

> I'm moving to Steamboat Springs, CO. Yes, no salt will be nice, though I
think it's a little late to make much difference with my car. Plus, gravel
being flung at my car doesn't sound that great. It has a lot of hood dents
already, but it doesn't need any more. I'm an avid snowboarder and being
right near Steamboat Resort, I plan on going there as much as possible (as
soon as I get hired by them so I get a free pass). Right now I'm leaning
toward Firestone Winterfires, they do have a stud version, though I'm not
sure which to go with. I'm kind of leaning away from Blizzaks at the moment
simply because they have a two layer compound and by the time I drive cross
country with them, I doubt there will be much left of the first compound. I
could be way off though.

> Dan
>
> In a message dated 11/11/2002 7:01:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
scirocco81@vwmail.net writes:

> > Where in Colorado?  And, NY vs CO, I'd take CO anyday.  We don't use
salt here.  Just gravel.

> > Where you are moving to, and if you plan on going to the mountains a lot
will help decide what tires to get.

> > --
> > Eric
> > Northglenn, CO
> >
> > 81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
> > 81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
> > 83 Scirocco Wolfsburg
> > 87 Suzuki Samurai JX Hardtop (Soon to be VW Turbo Diesel Powered)
> > 91 Cabriolet (2.0 Crossflow 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
> >

> > --- NarcolepticFlea@aol.com wrote:
> > >I'm moving to Colorado in Jan (yeah I know that doesn't sound like a
good plan but I have no choice) from NY and going over the Rocky Mountains.
I have a complete stock 88 16v with teardrop rims. I need snow tire
reccommendations. I was thinking 2 new all season tires on the back (I have
one, its just a goodyear basic street/touring tire, was going to get a
second of the same time) and two blizzacks up front. Anyone have a better
plan? I know there are a few listers out in that