Tire size

---------- YNNED@webtv.net (Dennis Harrelson) writes:

Hi again, folks.  First let me apologize for a lack of netiquette, but a
combination of scirocco.org digest mode and the somewhat bizarre webtv
browser makes it difficult to copy all the replies I've recieved, so a
paraphasing of those replies will have to suffice.

The general concensus on size is that 195s either 55 or 60 is about as
large as I should go.

14's?

185 60 14 or 195 55 14...

Do not get 195 60 14's, unless you want sloppy handling.

As expected, my request for brand recommendations brought many and
varied comments:

Patrick Bureau never hesitated, and immediately said Michelin MXv4.

T Berk says Dunlop makes 195-55, which Cathy Boyko thinks are "Yummy".

Yup, the Dunlop SP8000 195 55 14 is an excellent tire in dry and wet conditions, but almost worthless in the snow.

Brian Haygood likes Dunlop D60/A2, and has heard good rumors about Kumho
Ecsta 712s.  Brian also says don't turn <lurk> command back on.  Hmm,
don't know what to make of that.

Thanks for all the help, now to see what's offered locally.

Later,
Dennis

I just picked up 4 - Dunlop SP Sport A2 185 60 14 , and I'm pretty sure it's the replacement for the D60 A2, which was a good all-around tire. The SP Sport A2's have AA traction, A temp, and a 420 treadwear rating (50K mile warranty) is very good, but I haven't had them mounted yet.

PLEASE REPLY TO: peterSPAM@thescirocco.com hold the SPAM and you have my new e-mail address.[mailto:peterSPAM@thescirocco.com]
Please don't reply to the Juno account, and if you must - don't expect a reply.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com