Someone loan me $15k, QUICK! Check this bad boy!

If 10,000 is rare, then the 16V Scirocco is /almost/ as rare in the US.

(these are sales figures from US dealerships)
        1986 10,884
        1987 6,971
        1988 3,754
        1989 867
        1990 19

Lets assume that 1/2 the '86 Sciroccos were 16v and the other half 8v.
Let's also assume that everything from 87 on was a 16v (not true, but lets
just assume since we have crappy data)

Then there were approx. 17,053 16v Sciroccos imported to the US.

Tell that to your insurance agent when she tells you your car isn't
special :)

-Toby