snow tires

--=======3B452052=======

At 02:07 PM 11/11/02 -0500, NarcolepticFlea@aol.com wrote:

>I'm moving to Colorado in Jan (yeah I know that doesn't sound like a good
>plan but I have no choice) from NY and going over the Rocky Mountains. I
>have a complete stock 88 16v with teardrop rims. I need snow tire
>reccommendations. I was thinking 2 new all season tires on the back (I
>have one, its just a goodyear basic street/touring tire, was going to get
>a second of the same time) and two blizzacks up front. Anyone have a
>better plan? I know there are a few listers out in that area, maybe you
>guys have reccommendations.
>
>Thanks,
>Dan
As you were already told, don't mix the tires.  I've heard great things
about Blizzaks, but have no personal experience with them.  If cost is an
issue 4 no name studded snows will also work wonders.  I run studded snows
on my truck during the winter, and combined with the four wheel drive, it
will go through anything the Maine winter throws at it.  I've run studded
snows on a Scirocco too and it's amazing how much better it
handled(previously like crap.)

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-with studs
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'92 Polaris Indy Deluxe