puddle of gear oil in my driveway

Fellow lister William Flowers brought his 85 rocco over to my place today so
we caould both work on our cars today.  Problem is, upon getting here, his
rocco promptly barfed gear oil all over my driveway.  Now his father put
some gear oil in the car last night cause he was having some shifting
problems and we suspected it was low.  He told me his dad dropped in about 2
quarts (via the speedo cable inlet).  Now I know the car only holds about 2
qt thanks to the bently but I didn't get the chance to relay the info in
time.  We suspect that the main shaft seal is what blew out allowing the car
to puke all over my driveway since the oil was leaking from the bell housing
area and there are no signs of SMS (This is a 85 8v but it never hurts to
check).  He also couldn't get the car to get over 3k rpm without loosing
almost all power so it sounds like the clutch is completly soaked as well.

No, my big questions is since he also needs to replace the CV-shafts now
along with the seals and the clutch, what are the CV flange sizes for his
car.  I thought 8v's were 90mm and 16v's were 100mm but some of the palces
I've checked for parts on-line only have 100mm listed.  Am i wrong, or are
the parts sites?

In other news I replaces just about all of my shifter linkage parts and I
now know what shifting should feel like.  Next on that list will be a short
shifter kit (Wish I could afford Scotts kit but I'll have to settle for a
euro-sport or similair setup) anyone have a recomendation for these?  I've
got a euro-sport coming for my wifes cabby and I guess I'll see how I like
that, but I'd like to hear some thoughts from the list as well.

William Snyder