puddle of gear oil in my driveway

--- calimus <calimus@techography.net> wrote:
> We suspect that the main shaft seal is what blew out

My guess is that it worked past the clutch pushrod seal.  Replace it
and the brass bushing inside.

>what are the CV flange sizes for his car.

Go to the gears page on scirocco.org, and at the bottom you can see a
link to my spreadsheet.  Download it and it'll tell you what flanges
are on that code tranny.

> Next on that list will be a
> short
> shifter kit...anyone have a recomendation for these?

I'd definitely go solid (Scott's kit, or a TSR kit from the UK, there
are others).  Do that and you won't *want* to go short-shift.

HTH,

=====
Cheapass Ron
'87 Scirocco 16'Victor'