[tech] passat wheel into scirocco

> The stock steering wheel installation does not use the
> spring.  Changing steering wheels does not alter the
> configuration of any of the components under the wheel.
>  It just seems so simple to me.  Am I running around with
> blinders on and missing something painfully obvious to
> everyone else?

  obviously you are missing something. look at illustration 104-00.
parts number 7a and 7b are both the adapter AND the spring. 2a and 2b
are both the u.s. and euro "passat" and "corrado" steering wheels,
respectively. it doesn't list it on the u.s. fiche because it wasn't
used in the u.s. unfortunately i don't have my euro etka here to see if
it was used in the european market.
  if you have a problem with my "verbage", i apologize for giving
something an endorsement. you don't have one? fine. works for you?
great. getting all bent out of shape because i'm suggesting putting a
$1.10 spring that's illustrated in the etka in both the scirocco and
passat sections, that's an issue you'll have to deal with. i suppose
next time i state that a gas cap is "a must" you'll also take issue...a
rag stuffed in there will work just fine.