Insane speed in german cars... slightly OT, had to share...

Did it, checked it, and it was correct.  Thanks though now I have more
proof!  Does it just scare you that it will do it or is there some other
reason why you have to prove me wrong?  Just an observation :)

> > Sounds like there's a big flaw in this theory!  Who wrote
> > this anyway?  I
> > didn't see a signature.
>
> Ummm - physics?

I understand physics.  If I understand it correctly then my Rabbit doing 140
should be able to be proven mathematically if it can be done physically so
what's the problem?

>   Seems odd that my 2.0l 16v
> > Rabbit hit 140mph
> > without too much trouble,

> Uh, right.  Is that what the speedo read?  VW speedos tend
> to read higher at high speed.  What RPM were you turning,
> and what was your transmission gearing?  Plug that into the
> gear calculator on scirocco.org and you'll get a better
> idea of how fast you were really going.

Yes, it is with the VW speedo that I got from Germany that reads 240kph.  I
have had it checked and it was right on at 60mph.  Again, man, this isn't a
contest and if it were there would only be one person on this list with the
coolest VW of all.  It's ok if someone else's car is faster than yours, even
if it's a Rabbit!  Stop being so jealous the car was totalled about 4 months
ago.  BUT, all the cool go fast stuff is going into an MK1 Scirocco so I can
hit 150!!!

Dave