[Re: Why the Passat? With the Scirocco?]

--- Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net> wrote:

> I've noticed that a lot of listers seem to not want
> to put many miles on
> their rocco's.
>
> Oh, I put the miles on mine, about 10 000kms just
> this summer, but I won't put
> it into the salt, it's lived this long, it deserves
> to be spoiled. But in the
> summer, it gets driven. Heck, it even went on
> vacation with me this year! I
> often think it would be fun in the snow though, and
> I get a bit mopey this
> time of year when it's heading for the long nap.
> Cathy, glow plugging it for the winter.

With good tires Sciroccos are a blast in the snow.
There was this guy who used to be my neighbor long
ago. He used to race 16v Sciroccos on ice. I even read
about him in this book about ice racing. Apparantly
the 16v Scirocco used to be one of the top cars for
this kind of racing. Anyway, this book gave some tips
on driving and I tried them out. It was fun, but that
salt eats cars alive. I really enjoyed that book. I
got it from a public library, and it's gone now and I
can't remember the title...

=====
Jorel Jackson
web site:  http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jomoj/