[tech]: update--moving timing

--- Michael Abatzis <abatzis2@hotmail.com> wrote:
> 3)	the crank sprocket and pulley were one piece, like they were
> welded

I have seen them rust-welded together.

> 1)	can i use the sprocket/pulley from my 1.8 shortblock?

I sure hope so, since my 9A hasn't got one, so the only one I'm
intending to use is my old one.

> 2)	how do i get the crank bolt off? the shortblock is just sitting
> there—how do i keep the crank from turning? anyone done this?

One way: remove pan, place 2x4 between crank counterweight and side of
block.

> any other thoughts/suggestions?

Yeah, one thought.  You got extremely, *ridiculously*, lucky.  (whew!)

I'd say "good luck," but you've already had it.

=====
Cheapass Ron
'87 Scirocco 16'Victor'