Metric vs fractional

--=======5C927A9=======

At 09:12 AM 11/1/02 -0800, Euroroc II wrote:

>The rest of the world pretty much does use Metric hardware... We are
>working on a new project here and we have designed it with Metric
>fasteners since it will be assembled overseas and it's very easier to get
>non-metric nuts and bolts in quantity there.
>
>-RGK
>
>Anyone know where I can get a metric crescent wrench?

It seems that we are slowly changing over.  My Dakota is a mix of standard
and metric, with the majority
of fasteners being metric.  And yes, it is built in Dodge City, Warren MI,
not Mexico.  Kind of a let down actually
since my standard sockets STILL don't see much use.  But it is also a pain
in the ass never knowing whether
you need a standard or metric socket for a job.  It would be nice if they
would just pick one way or the other.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'92 Polaris Indy Deluxe-just waiting now......