Proper way to drive a stick?

--0-1634396333-1036175108=:42063

Hmm... Well I do down shift to aid in stopping.  I've always used second when coming to a redlight.  So I guess I should stop this 3 year old bad habbit.  I also just shift like normal when I am going all out but how all out can you go in an 8 valve?  Enought to change shifting methods?

Anyway, I have no grinding on my 4k, its just making this noise like when you tell somebody to shutup by saying, "shhhhh"   It does it really loud when I'm down a gear to keep speed under control going down a hill and is always there, though faintly, when driving.  Seems much more noticable when I'm not accelerating but that could be due to a lack of engine noise.  Fluid levels were a little low when I checked last week and I put some more oil in.    What could this noise mean is going bad.  I've ruled out syncrhos because it makes noise in gear, not when its being put in gear and it does it in every gear.