Metric vs Fractional (Imperial)

The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is moving the U.S. to the
metric system and have been for years, just very very slowly. If you think
about it would be very costly to just up and switch over all at once, so
ANSI has started with goverment and the children. schools are required to
put more metric than imperial in the classes so that younger generations can
do at least both systems and cope with the change over. Just about any thing
the government does is based on metric now. Hasn't any one noticed the duel
unit speed limit signs? All state departments of transportation have been on
metric for about 10 years, contractors and engineers can not submit work in
ft/in (imperial) at all. My work as a engineering designer is all in metric
as is most the engineering field with the exception of architects who are
die hard imperial.

  Note: The distance called a mile varies greatly in different countries.
Its length in yards is, in Norway, 12,182; in Brunswick, 11,816; in Sweden,
11,660; in Hungary, 9,139; in Switzerland, 8,548; in Austria, 8,297; in
Prussia, 8,238; in Poland, 8,100; in Italy, 2,025; in England and the United
States, 1,760; in Spain, 1,552; in the Netherlands, 1,094.

whats up with that???

Elijah
86 16v