was ... engine-cover on my 1992 GT-II

<snip>
> > > Engine-cover :
> > > It seems that I found one of the rarest Scirocco-parts ever on my late
> > 1992 GT-II :
> > > It's a plate that covers the entire engine bay from below.
> > > Genuine VW part especially for the Scirocco and I havn't found it in ETKA
> > so far...
> > > here a picture of it while I took it from the car during a repair:
> > > http://linda.rowi.org/forum/download.php/2,1382,4/cover031.jpg
> > >
> > > It's currently discussed on the german Scirocco-list,
> > > the only known other Scirocco that has it mounted
> > > is the white Scirocco  in the VW Wolfsburg museum.
> > > Anyone in the U.S. that has this one also ??
> > >
> > > friendly Greets
> > > Dirk

I would not call that part a skip plate. Early VWs came with skid plates
covering the oil pan, they are three or four bars of metal, suitable to
defend against mini boulders and large rocks. I have one in the backyard
right now on Al's old 1.6 block from his 79.

This thing is an 'under engine cover' to coin a phrase, more like an air
dam than protection, and something I have been mocking up for over ten
years.         Off and on. ;]

My idea was to segment it; one unit each attached to the control arms,
another main portion for the area under the air damn and back to just
about the downpipe. I'm thinking a portion on the back should be left
open to allow for airflow through the rad and out the back end.

I would love to get some digital pics with a ruler laying on top of the
mounting locations and/or a tracing on paper.

TBerk
smoother is faster.