kinda OT: do you lose gas shutting the car off for less than 2 mins?

------=_NextPart_000_0672_01C20760.F55776C0

Sorry Allyn, I disagree here.  Cold or hot, the fuel system will ad =
extra fuel to start the car (in some way shape or form) so unless you =
are sitting at a light for a few minutes (or a train, live in LA with =
bumper to bumper, etc.) then it is not necessary or economical to turn =
off your car.  Granted, this amount of fuel will probably not show much =
in your end MPG sum but there is a reason why freeway mileage and city =
mileage is different!!  If you add to this shutting your car down at =
every stop light then I think you'll see your fuel consumption increase =
in the city not to mention unneccessary wear on (what Allyn said) =
starter, battery, ignition switch, connections, ignition components, =
etc. The only reason I could see where shutting down and a stoplight =
would help is if your idle is at 3 grand or something.  =20

Just idle and be happy!!

Just my opinion!!

Dave
  ----- Original Message -----=20