help - stupid fuel control pressure regulator....

ok, I answered in the text so scroll down.....
----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Seo" <seowitz@seowitz.com>
To: "'Scirocco List'" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 9:50 PM
Subject: help - stupid fuel control pressure regulator....

> Ok, so I'm replacing my fuel lines as they're waisted....
> I get to the two lines coming out of the fuel pressure
> regulator.......uhhh....the two stupid lines are so close together, i
can't
> get a wrench on it to break the fuel line bolts loose!  arg!
>
> 1)  So, not feeling like screwing something up, I'm asking you guys since
> the Bentley seemed rather vague on this subject....to me at least...
>
> How the hell do I get these silly fuel lines off the pressure regulator???

Use a wrench, and one that fits the things exactly. that way you should be
able to use the open end and not round them. I know that it's not a good
thing to do, but they loosen as soon as you have them cracked, so it's ok.

> 2)  On another note, I can't seem to get the airbox in place
right....aside
> from the two pegs that slip in to the rubber grommets on the battery side
of
> the box.....is there anything else that holds it into place?  The thing
> feels like it's gonna slide around all over the place!

there's a little clip on the back side of the airbox, toward the engine.
they put it right where your hand can almost reach it... gotta love German
Engineering

> 3)  The silly vacuum lines made of plastic are brittle, and while changing
> the fuel lines and injector seals, i broke 2 of them.  I used some tubing
> use to bleed the brakes to join them together temporarily....but all of
them
> obviously need to be replaced.  The problem is, do I have to replace the
> little distributor thingy on the vacuum booster too?  I gave the lines a
> little tug on the vacuum booster, and it didn't seem to want to come
loose.
> I didn't try that hard though cause i didn't want to kill any more of
those
> vacuum lines....

Don't worry about the vaccum booster, as long as you have some of the old
plastic brittle stuff you can make a connector and join the "Normal" bulk
stuff that you buy from the parts store fot about 4 cents a foot.