Is balancing really necessary on a lightened flywheel?

At this point, I don't think I'd rebuild an engine that I didn't have
balanced first.  In your case, if you are NOT balancing the motors
internal components, I would still take the flywheel and pressure plate
and have the flywheel checked.  If that thing is outta whack, you could
be installing a lightened circular saw blade.

Eric
"Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!"
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v
AOL IM:  OneSixV