roc 16v cruise control

yes, Ive seen many of those. and i understand how to set those up using
factory, BMW, Audi, VW, and prolly opel parts. I can even set up most of
the cruise for the 16v scirocco . The main issue with the rocco 16v is
that the throttle body twists the wrong direction so the typical vacuum
servo wont work unless there is some interesting cable routing. Like on
the single picture that i recieved showing a non-vw factory looking one
that appeared to be wrapped around the intake boot, pulling the t-body
open in paralllel with the throttle cable. I was hoping NOT to have to do
that. Other that that little issue of the mounting of the cable to pull on
the t-body all the parts would be common with other Bosch systems of the
time period. This is not saying that i couldnt manage to mount a JC
whitney special on it, but that is NOT the plan. I want it to look very
factory.
For example on the jetta 16v's the vac acuator is mounted on the back of
the intake manifold. But the throttle rotates in the same direction as the
16v rocco does. so reversing the mount.. well it just doesnt work.
So it really looks like i'll have to work out some sort of pulley system
so that the cruise will work. unless somebody has pictures... of all the
years and all the shows. nobody has any pictures of the engine bay of a
16v rocco with cruise? I find that hard to believe... oh well live and
learn.
brian
long winded as ever.
Current VW's to date
88 16v.. hmm what to do. need advice.
82 bunny... still needs parts. :-)
Past VW's
88 16v going to junk heaven
87 16v went to junk hell
81 8v livin a new life in Cincinnatti
80 8v.. somewhere in AL
8* jetta off in some other junkyard.
Big VW's to date
90 90q20v 4 door sedan.
partial vw's to date
8? dodge omni 024 (had a VW block)
.. and the list of other cars goes on...