16v & 8v breaks

Well the last owner of my car said that "she had the breaks done" recently.
I assumed she at least meant pads, but I check the receipts and found that
it was only rear pads. Regardless the front pads have worn down completely.
Lately I haven't had a spare second to do anything other then work or
school. So now my front left rotor is completely destroyed, along with
whatever metal is right behind the pad. I still have my wrecked 16v and was
wondering what parts would transfer over to the 8v. I know there are drums
in the back of the 8v but are the discs identical between the 8v and 16v? If
not could I swap both the discs and the calipers from the 16v to the 8v? Or
if none of that works can I swap the entire break system from the 16v to the
8v (discs and calipers from all for corners, master cylinder etc. .. )? New
rotors aren't that expensive anyway right?

eric