[Tech] 16V Pressure Plate Q's - looking for a strong pressure plate for my '79 16V Scirocco

Thanks for the advice! By "metallic disk", I assume
you're talking about the pads on the clutch, right?

The car will be used almost strictly for
autocrossing/time trials. It won't actually get too
many miles, but I don't particularly enjoy clutch
changes if they can be avoided. What would a be a
better choice?

Neal

--- Chris DeLong <green536@hotmail.com> wrote:

> If you are going to be using a 4 puck clutch just be
> sure that you dont use
> a metallic disk. These will wear the pp and the
> flywheel out in no time.
> unless of course you plane on using this car for
> race only and have no
> prblem replacing clutches.
>

> > > Which Sachs clutch are you going to use?
> > > The stock Sachs clutch kit, or the Sachs
> > > PowerClutch?
> >
> >Neither. Stephen, the guy who is doing my head work
> >among  other things has recommended a 4-puck clutch
> >with a spring center by a company called HP. To be
> >completely honest, I haven't heard much about them
> >before, but it wasn't too expensive ($100) so I'll
> >give it a try.  Supposedly, once you start going
> well
> >beyond the 200hp mark, the 16v clutch starts having
> >trouble. I told him it was really important to keep
> >the car as easy to launch/drive as possible, and he
> >says this will hold the power and still not be too
> >difficult to drive due to the sprung center. It's
> the
> >only part of the setup so far that I'm not too sure
> >about, but we'll see!
> >
> >Neal
> >
> >=====
> >~Neal