[Tech] 16V Pressure Plate Q's - looking for a strong pressure plate for my'79 16V Scirocco

If you are going to be using a 4 puck clutch just be sure that you dont use
a metallic disk. These will wear the pp and the flywheel out in no time.
unless of course you plane on using this car for race only and have no
prblem replacing clutches.

> > Which Sachs clutch are you going to use?
> > The stock Sachs clutch kit, or the Sachs
> > PowerClutch?
>
>Neither. Stephen, the guy who is doing my head work
>among  other things has recommended a 4-puck clutch
>with a spring center by a company called HP. To be
>completely honest, I haven't heard much about them
>before, but it wasn't too expensive ($100) so I'll
>give it a try.  Supposedly, once you start going well
>beyond the 200hp mark, the 16v clutch starts having
>trouble. I told him it was really important to keep
>the car as easy to launch/drive as possible, and he
>says this will hold the power and still not be too
>difficult to drive due to the sprung center. It's the
>only part of the setup so far that I'm not too sure
>about, but we'll see!
>
>Neal
>
>=====
>~Neal