my suspension feels loose

good god, those strut bearing are sticking out a good
bit.  far more than 1/4" !!!!!  i am still waiting for
my shock and struts to arrive so i cant replace those
till i get the rest of my new suspension.  as far as
bushings are concerned, what is a good replacement,
should i use just the stock ones or could i switch to
polly?  what does everyone feel is the better of the
two?  i might as well do all the bushings while i am
at it.

thanks

breandan