where do you drill the OXS hole in a '78 diesel exhaust manifold?

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Robbie Cotner
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 1:17 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: where do you drill the OXS hole in a '78 diesel exhaust
manifold?

I got an exhaust manifold, downpipe, and flexpipe off a '78 Rabbit
Diesel.=A0 It is the "good kind".=A0 Where should I have a shop drill =
and
tap into for the oxygen sensor?=A0 Thanks in advance-=20
Rob

You don't...

Just get a weld on O2 bung, and have it welded to the downpipe, on the
passenger side of the DP. Techtonics sells them for $8...

You are better off without an 18mm hole that close to the exhaust
flange.

This one time... (in band camp)
I had a heater hose develop a pin hole, and it sprayed a thin mist on
the exhaust manifold, which was enough for it to crack between the O2
sensor and the exhaust flange.

Peter