Rev Limiters (was RE: Knock Sensor Q)

> > and btw.. I am talking about SCIROCCO
>
>Right, I got that. What I was telling you is that when you put the
>knocksensing system into your scirocco, you will retain your stock fuel
>pump
>relay. This one does not take an input from the knock box, so regardless
>of
>which box you use, you will not encounter a rev limiter.

Jonas -- I've got the pesky 7200 RPM rev limiter in my 16V, which is a CIS-e
transplant in my 1981 Scirocco. The entire harness was not taken from the
16V, nor was the fuel pump. Somehow I've still got the rev limiter, and I
easily bounce off of it in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd. I did not do the
wiring for my conversion so I don't have the first hand knowledge of how it
was all done in my car.

However, if you are actually interested in figuring our how to disable this
annoying rev limiter, I'd love to work with you on it.

Let me know what you think -- Craig