MK1 Paint/Styling opinions wanted

A lot depends on what type of strip you get.
Yeah, the dealer installed ones I had/have are mounted to the body with
rivets (stupid friggin dealer..grrrr). In order to remove them I'd have to
have a dozen or so holes filled :(
The ones that you get at your local paint shop are self adhesive (no holes
and easily removed) and can be found in much smaller sizes than the dealer
ones.

Door dings on creased body panels are much worse than on a flat body panel
because they cause a ripple in the panel that is very hard to get back
straight again. A paintless dent removal shop might be able to get out a
ding out on the crease, but I doubt it would be like it was.

If done right I think you could still maintain the clean look, just gotta
pick the right moulding.

Randy