MK1 Paint/Styling opinions wanted

--- Craig Williams <roccolister@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Although this "door ding strip" does it's job, IMHO
> it's like cutting off
> your nose despite your face. Not only do I not like
> the looks of the strip,
> but to have one mounted you must drill holes in the
> body of the car. So if
> you ever want to remove the strips you won't have
> any door dings to repair,
> but you will have several holes down the length of
> the body which wil need
> repair.
=============================
If it's the riveted on aftermarket crap that many
dealers install, I agree - I hate them.

I hated them when I filled in the holes (which were
starting to rust in the early 1980's) where they were
on my 1st '75, and I hate them on my Golf GT.

Bottom line is I want less holes, not more.

If you must have a strip, I recommend the black rubber
self adhesive type . . .

:-)

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1983 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco "Knife", 1981 Scirocco S, 1978 Scirocco "Miss Spoon", 1987 Golf GT / Yes, I am a moron . . .
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)