CIS-E problems? Idle and throttle response

Car is 2.0 16v with CIS-E.  Usually it idles around 1k rpm, but
sometimes the idle drops and it will stall if I don't feather the gas.
When that is happening, throttle response is worse than it normally is,
except full throttle feels pretty much normal.  The idle/throttle
problems are more frequent when the car is cold, but it can still do it
when the engine is completely warm.  I'll do the standard cleaning of
the contacts, but does anyone have some ideas?

koabi