Good Tires

MessageThe way tire measurements work is that the first number is width in
mm's then the second number is the percentage of the width on the sidewall.
So 205/50/15s would have over 100mm of sidewall where 195/50/15 have a
sidewall of less than 100mm.  The measurement 205/50 is the width to height
ratio and the height is the aspect ratio or ratio of the width.  If you want
you can check out dunlop's "Tire Sizing 101" here:
http://www.dunloptire.com/tt101_sizing.html HTH!

Dave

How will wider tires throw a speedo off? I thought only the diameter altered
speed.

Tyler,

Go for the Michelin Pilot SX (or something like that) and get the price from
Tire Rack's website and Discount will honor it.  I bought the Michelin
Pilots I have on my car now for $69 ea and Discount was retailing them for
$129 each!  Tire Rack had them for $59 but Discount charged me $10 freight
each which is still a steal.  The other night on the way home I hit a 270
deg off rap and was very surprised with the grip, and it was raining out!!
HTH!!  Oh, 205s might be a little wide and will throw your speedo off.  I
believe that 195/50-15s are closer to the circumfrence of the stock
wheel/tire.  HTH!

Dave

I'm on discount tire direct right now.  I'm looking at 205/50-15's and want
to keep the price below $100 per tire.  I live in Olympia, Wa so I have lots
of wet weather but a good amount of dry weather too.
Right now I'm looking at the Kumho Ecsta Supra 712, the Falken Ziex ZE-512
and the Nitto NT 450 Extreme Performance.  Are any of these really good or
even the best choice of what to get.
Also are there any problems with putting 205's on 6.5 inch wheels?  Thanks
and sorry for another tire question :o)