Do I need HD valve springs?

Nate-
  Better springs won't hurt, but that's not what is causing the noise.
Easy fix for stripped threads?  There is a filled-epoxy, thread-restoring
kit that Loc-Tite has...works pretty well.  Those little 6mm studs pull the
aluminum threads REAL easy.  I suggest you get an inch-pound torque wrench
and use it when you tighten bolts into aluminum.. .....'specially bolts only
6mm in diameter.

Larry   sandiego16V